What you need:
How to use the NIV Appointment System:
- Your Internet browser must support 128-bit encryption.
- If you are using Internet Explorer (Windows), the minimum version that will work with this site is version 5.0, with service pack 2.
- If you are using Netscape, the minimum version that will work with this site is version 6.2.
- The barcode number from your printed DS-160 electronic visa application form, if applicable.
- A printer to print your appointment confirmation.
- Your valid passport. A clear photo on a white background, no hats/glasses. A scanner to upload your photo.
If you submit a photo that is more than 6 months old, you will be asked to provide a new one. This may result in a delay in visa processing.
Note: If you need to cancel or change an appointment at any time, return to this web site and click on the "Change/Cancel Appointment" button.
- Complete and print a DS-160 electronic visa application form.
- Click on the "Schedule Appointment" button below to select an available date and time for an appointment.
- Enter the 10-digit barcode number from the last page of your printed electronic visa application form into the Barcode Number field, and then click "Submit".
- Select an available appointment date from the calendar.
- Select a preferred time for your appointment, and then enter your Surname, Given Name, Telephone Number, Email Address, and Identification Code.
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, and then click "Submit".
- Print the appointment confirmation page and bring it with you to your appointment.
- To make an appointment each applicant must us the application number from their completed DS-160 application confirmation. You must schedule and appointment through the online NIV appointment system.
Families may schedule one appointment per family. This includes immediate family members only.