What you need:
How to use the NIV Appointment System:
- Your Internet browser must support 128-bit encryption.
- If you are using Internet Explorer (Windows), the minimum version that will work with this site is version 5.0, with service pack 2.
- If you are using Netscape, the minimum version that will work with this site is version 6.2.
- The barcode number from your printed DS-160 electronic visa application form, if applicable.
- A printer to print your appointment confirmation.
- -Printed appointment confirmation page from the DS-160
-Your visa fee in U.S. dollars CASH (torn, damaged dollars or bills with writing on them will NOT be accepted.)
-Passport valid for six months
-Two printed photos 2 inch x 2 inch (5cm x 5cm) (ONLY necessary if you did not upload the digital ones during your application)
-Any supporting documents as mentioned on the web site: https://kabul.usembassy.gov/general_documentation_requirements.html
Note: If you need to cancel or change an appointment at any time, return to this web site and click on the "Change/Cancel Appointment" button.
- Complete and print a DS-160 electronic visa application form.
- Click on the "Schedule Appointment" button below to select an available date and time for an appointment.
- Enter the 10-digit barcode number from the last page of your printed electronic visa application form into the Barcode Number field, and then click "Submit".
- Select an available appointment date from the calendar.
- Select a preferred time for your appointment, and then enter your Surname, Given Name, Telephone Number, Email Address, and Identification Code.
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, and then click "Submit".
- Print the appointment confirmation page and bring it with you to your appointment.
- IMPORTANT NOTE
Only Afghan citizens and any other applicants who reside in Afghanistan (as shown by an Afghan passport or valid residence visa) may use any open appointment. Applicants who are not residents of Afghanistan may only book appointments for emergency reasons. These will be reviewed in a case by case basis.
Every question on the DS-160 form must have a full and complete answer. Applicants whose DS-160 application form is not filled out completely and accurately will not be accepted, they will not be interviewed, and they will have to schedule a new appointment on a different date. Please be sure that you save the DS-160 application to your computer when you first open it and note the Application ID number in case you need to re-open the application later.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE POLICY CAREFULLY.