What you need:
How to use the NIV Appointment System:
- Your Internet browser must support 128-bit encryption.
- If you are using Internet Explorer (Windows), the minimum version that will work with this site is version 5.0, with service pack 2.
- If you are using Netscape, the minimum version that will work with this site is version 6.2.
- The barcode number from your printed DS-160 electronic visa application form, if applicable.
- A printer to print your appointment confirmation.
- On the day of your interview, please bring the following:
1. A passport valid for 6 months beyond your intended stay in the U.S.
2. DS-160 application confirmation Page.
3. Appointment confirmation page (with barcode).
4. One 5 cm x 5 cm passport photograph with a white background, taken within the last 6 months.
5. Please bring U.S. dollars (no more than 10 years old) to pay your visa fee at the time of your interview.
Nonimmigrant visa B-1/B-2, C1, D, F, J, M & I 160 dollars
Nonimmigrant visa H, L, O, P, Q and R 190 dollars
Students: have an original I-20 and proof of SEVIS payment, O and A levels, proof of funds, and for returning students, an official transcript in a sealed envelope (not a download)
Exchange students: DS-2019 form together with the DS-160.
Petition based nonimmigrant visas such as H1B, L1, P1 and P3 : bring a copy of your approved I-129 petition sent to USCIS and the I-797 approval notice (not just I-797).
Note: If you need to cancel or change an appointment at any time, return to this web site and click on the "Change/Cancel Appointment" button.
- Complete and print a DS-160 electronic visa application form.
- Click on the "Schedule Appointment" button below to select an available date and time for an appointment.
- Enter the 10-digit barcode number from the last page of your printed electronic visa application form into the Barcode Number field, and then click "Submit".
- Select an available appointment date from the calendar.
- Select a preferred time for your appointment, and then enter your Surname, Given Name, Telephone Number, Email Address, and Identification Code.
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, and then click "Submit".
- Print the appointment confirmation page and bring it with you to your appointment.
- For more specific information on student visas, exchange visitor visas and other types of visas or for answers to questions regarding the process, please visit http://zw.usembassy.gov.
If you need an expedited appointment or have any other urgent concerns, we are happy to hear from you. Please send an email to email@example.com