What you need:
How to use the NIV Appointment System:
- Your Internet browser must support 128-bit encryption.
- If you are using Internet Explorer (Windows), the minimum version that will work with this site is version 5.0, with service pack 2.
- If you are using Netscape, the minimum version that will work with this site is version 6.2.
- The barcode number from your printed DS-156 electronic visa application form or DS-160 electronic visa application form, if applicable. Check the post specific instructions to make sure that you are using the correct form.
- A printer to print your appointment confirmation.
- Starting on June 3, 2013, The Machine Readable Visa (MRV) must be paid at the US Embassy at the time of interview. Full instructions regarding fees can be found at: http://www.antananarivo.usembassy.gov/fees.html. Form DS-156 can NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.
A compter du 3 Juin 2013, le paiement du frais de dossier pour visa (MRV) se fera uniquement au consulat lors de l'interview.
Note: If you need to cancel or change an appointment at any time, return to this web site and click on the "Change/Cancel Appointment" button.
- Complete and print a DS-156 electronic visa application form or DS-160 electronic visa application form.
- Click on the "Schedule Appointment" button below to select an available date and time for an appointment.
- Enter the 10-digit barcode number from the last page of your printed electronic visa application form into the Barcode Number field, and then click "Submit".
- Select an available appointment date from the calendar.
- Select a preferred time for your appointment, and then enter your Surname, Given Name, Telephone Number, Email Address, and Identification Code.
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, and then click "Submit".
- Print the appointment confirmation page and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Form DS-156 can NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.