What you need:
How to use the NIV Appointment System:
- Your Internet browser must support 128-bit encryption.
- If you are using Internet Explorer (Windows), the minimum version that will work with this site is version 5.0, with service pack 2.
- If you are using Netscape, the minimum version that will work with this site is version 6.2.
- The barcode number from your printed DS-160 electronic visa application form, if applicable. Check the post specific instructions to make sure that you are using the correct form.
- A printer to print your appointment confirmation.
- The Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee must be paid at the US Embassy at the time of interview. Full instructions regarding fees can be found at: http://www.antananarivo.usembassy.gov/fees.html. Form DS-156 can NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. Applicants may arrive 15 mn before their appointment but can not be later than 30 minutes after.
Le paiement du frais de dossier pour visa (MRV) se fera uniquement au consulat lors de l'interview. Les demandeurs peuvent arriver 15mn aÂ l'avance et 30mn apres au plus tard.
Note: If you need to cancel or change an appointment at any time, return to this web site and click on the "Change/Cancel Appointment" button.
- Complete and print a DS-160 electronic visa application form.
- Click on the "Schedule Appointment" button below to select an available date and time for an appointment.
- Enter the 10-digit barcode number from the last page of your printed electronic visa application form into the Barcode Number field, and then click "Submit".
- Select an available appointment date from the calendar.
- Select a preferred time for your appointment, and then enter your Surname, Given Name, Telephone Number, Email Address, and Identification Code.
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, and then click "Submit".
- Print the appointment confirmation page and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Form DS-156 can NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.