What you need:
How to use the NIV Appointment System:
- Your Internet browser must support 128-bit encryption.
- If you are using Internet Explorer (Windows), the minimum version that will work with this site is version 5.0, with service pack 2.
- If you are using Netscape, the minimum version that will work with this site is version 6.2.
- The barcode number from your printed DS-160 electronic visa application form, if applicable.
- A printer to print your appointment confirmation.
Note: If you need to cancel or change an appointment at any time, return to this web site and click on the "Change/Cancel Appointment" button.
- Complete and print a DS-160 electronic visa application form.
- Click on the "Schedule Appointment" button below to select an available date and time for an appointment.
- Enter the 10-digit barcode number from the last page of your printed electronic visa application form into the Barcode Number field, and then click "Submit".
- Select an available appointment date from the calendar.
- Select a preferred time for your appointment, and then enter your Surname, Given Name, Telephone Number, Email Address, and Identification Code.
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, and then click "Submit".
- Print the appointment confirmation page and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Please take note of the following common errors in making a visa application:
A. Failure to fill out the DS-160, Non-Immigrant Visa Application, online and bring in a confirmation page.
B. Failure to list your current physical residence in the home address of the DS-160, Non-Immigrant Visa Application (Do not use P.O. Box numbers or home village if you do not reside there).
C. Passport contains error on Data Page (e.g. wrong date of birth in Machine Readable Zone or mispelling of name.
D. Visa application photograph not taken within last 6 months and/or does not have a white background.
E. Missing information on application.
F. Passport validity less than six (06) months remaining.